About The Conference
Join us virtually where top minds gather to accelerate change and improve patient outcomes for those with disabling chronic illnesses.
About The Conference
There are over 20 million Americans suffering from a group of chronic disabling disorders who are diagnosed without a clear elucidation of pathophysiologic mechanisms. This includes Fibromyalgia, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/ CFS), Neuropsychiatric illnesses, Posttreatment Lyme Syndrome, Pediatric Acute on Neuropsychiatric Syndrome (PANDAS/PANS)
Adding to this massive disease burden the CDC now estimates that of the 40% of Americans who were infected with COVID-19 1 in 5 continue to suffer with what is now referred to as Post-acute sequalae of COVID (PASC). Research has demonstrated that common to all these conditions is dysregulation of the immune system resulting from an infectious insult. Dramatic advances have occurred in our understanding of all these conditions as a result of COVID. It is an incredibly exciting period in medicine where these diseases are beginning to coalesce around an understanding of shared pathophysiology. We are entering a period of true hope for those millions who are suffering where we will finally be able to provide comprehensive solutions for their illness.
This conference will bring together some of the leading researchers and clinicians from around the world to discuss the advances in our understanding of these conditions and breakthroughs in diagnostic and treatment options.
- Summarize the role of the innate and adaptive immune system in chronic disease.
- Explain biological mechanisms of how infections incite immune dysfunction resulting in chronic disease.
- Describe new diagnostic testing and biomarkers for defining and identifying immune dysfunction in chronic illness.
- Identify clinical and case study examples using new and repositioned treatment modalities that have been shown to be effective in treating immune-mediated chronic disorders secondary to infection.
- Summarize long haul covid and its pathophysiology and new diagnostic and treatment modalities.
- Describe a new understanding of fibromyalgia as an immunologic disorder and the role of the immune system in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS).
- Recognize the role of infections and immune dysfunction as the cause of other neurologic, psychiatric, and behavioral disorders.
- Explain the role of gut microbiome in health and immune dysfunction.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team involved in the collaborative care of patients with atypical immunological diseases.
- Integrate a team-based approach in the care of patients with atypical immunological diseases.